Thread: Need advice!

Need advice!

Im just finished my second semester of nursing school. It didn't go well at all. I had some personal problems that I was dealing with this semester. I got behind on the readings and everything else. I ended up failing 4 classes. The only classes I passed were labs and my clinicals. I failed all the lectures. Im really depressed. I know that I should of dropped a few classes. The courseload was so overwhelming this semester. I was just trying to hang in there. I ended up getting 3 Fs 1 D and the rest As. The school is allowing me to come back and repeat the courses I failed but if at anytime later in my nursing career I fail something else Im out. Im really scared and I dont know what to do. I wanted to try to transfer to another school but who is going to take me with 3 Fs. I feel like my academic career is ruined. This semester has brought my overall GPA down to a 2.3. Ive even looked into LPN schools but I dont think they would even accept me. What should I do?

Re: Need advice!

Hi hopelessRNstudent, I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. When I started RN school, I was getting divorced, I was pregnant, had a two year old daughter and was living with my parents. I had no money, no job. But I made school my priority-it was my way out of poverty. I knew I would always be able to care for my children and myself. Me and some other students became close and studied together, shared rides to clinicals ect. We each bought different NCLEX study guides and shared them, they helped a lot. I read every fricken word printed in all of my nursing courses, they were tough classes. I wish you the best and hope you stick with it.
    Tracey

Re: Need advice!

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessRNstudent View Post
    Im just finished my second semester of nursing school. It didn't go well at all. I had some personal problems that I was dealing with this semester. I got behind on the readings and everything else. I ended up failing 4 classes. The only classes I passed were labs and my clinicals. I failed all the lectures. Im really depressed. I know that I should of dropped a few classes. The courseload was so overwhelming this semester. I was just trying to hang in there. I ended up getting 3 Fs 1 D and the rest As. The school is allowing me to come back and repeat the courses I failed but if at anytime later in my nursing career I fail something else Im out. Im really scared and I dont know what to do. I wanted to try to transfer to another school but who is going to take me with 3 Fs. I feel like my academic career is ruined. This semester has brought my overall GPA down to a 2.3. Ive even looked into LPN schools but I dont think they would even accept me. What should I do?
    Talk with your school advisor and ask if when you repeat teh courses- do they replace your previous grades. Often it does...so taht will help your GPA. Then- just don't let failing be an option. Take fewer classes, adn do whatever it takes to pass. Good luck to you!