Thread: Younger Doctors

Younger Doctors

Hi. I am just ciours. I am wanting to know from the nurses in their 30's and 40's either starting out in the profession or veterans do or did you have a problem with doctors. Telling you what to do or not to do?

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Younger Doctors

I don't have a problem with a doctor giving me an order that's his job and it's mine to take the order and carry it out. If it's something I don't agree with I ask them about it. If it's something I don't think I should do there are avenues to that problem also. In general I work with a good bunch of docs and don't have to question things too often. I've had to say did you mean 1 mg when they've said 1 G before but I know they just said the wrong thing. I've had a resident tell me to do something and it's just not what we do and I've told them that's not what we do and they have been ok with that. (change a c/s dressing where we dont' change it we take it off and leave it off when it's time to take it off).
    I think it's also in the tone of asking or telling also that causes the problem. There are some I don't like but I'll carry out their orders as long as it's in my scope of practice.

Re: Younger Doctors

Hi joe_m_m welcome to the forums. Re you question, that's pretty much in the "job description". The art is in the implementation.

O_S

CNA around 50 years old does not want to be an RN

I think you are right if you are not willing to take that hit, might not become a nurse.
    I was at the open leash dog park yesterday...talking to a women in her late forties. Been a CNA since 1979. The reason did not want to be RN to much responcbility. You have people working under you and if you mess up you can lose your RN. I know the higher you are in the food chain the more accountibility you have. From all that I have said about her is she a little wacked out or just comfortability numb?
    [b_color:white]Text[/b_color]

Comfortably numb

All-in-all, she is happy being another brick in the wall. She don't need no education. She don't need no thought control. But how can she have any pudding if she don't eat her meat?[/pink floyd]

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Comfortably numb

pink who??? that's before my time you must be Old School ROFL