Thread: LPN program at Pioneer Pacific College

LPN program at Pioneer Pacific College

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering taking the LPN program at this college. Does anyone have any advice for me that might help me make the right decision. I'm around 50 years of age and work full time. I am currently taking my prereqs at a community college. I will be ready to apply for the RN program in 2010. Whether or not I get in is another question. It I take the program at Pioneer I will have obtained by goal and not wasted another year of life trying to complete my prereqs, attempting to get into the program, and waited even longer to complete the RN program. Any advice would be greatly appreicated.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: LPN program at Pioneer Pacific College

If you get your LPN, you'd have a start on your education. Plus, you can work while going through the RN program. Some programs have an LPN to RN bridge......

This college does not have an RN program and by what I hear, there are not many college that will accept this college's credits. They may have one in the future but not at this time. With all the info that I've given you, my age, etc, do you this is the right step for me?

I've talked with them at PPC... They seem more interested in sales than helping you find an education or a career.

My first contact there suggested that LPNs must first become CMAs.... I asked which program she recruited for... Medical assisting, of course...

Employers aren't worried so much about where you went to school.. They want you to pass the certification... That's what pays.

If you do a LPN course at PCC you'll have to do pre-reqs for any other RN program... And in Oregon there isn't a very strong LPN-RN bridge. There are some programs online...

I dunno what's best... Of course, I could be wrong... YMMV :shades_smile: