Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find a travel company

Trying to find a travel company

I'm planning on starting in Philadelphia, PA. I'm a CCU nurse with 6 1/2yrs experience. However, a newbie to traveling...and am open to any input! A few companies that I had looked at mostly had postings for AZ and CA. Any company that deals with the PA or NJ areas?

Thanks, SZ

Re: Trying to find a travel company

Don't go with Access Nurses!!!!!!

What's the deal with access nurses??

OH, I see. I just read about your experience. That's what scares me about traveling. Everything sounds like it ends up to be a scam.

I worked at Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville, PA. I met several traveling nurses there. The only one I remember worked for OnAssignment.com and she had finished several assignments for them and was very pleased with them. You could always call BH @ (610)383-8000 and ask for Human Resources department and simply ask them what travel agencies they have had nurses placed in their hospital!!! I do know this nurse went to the area that paid the highest dollar amount and she wasn't shy about telling us she made in the "six figures"!!!! I'm checking them out too!

Hello, I work for trustaff, I dont want to recruit you I know it is not allowed here but I also want to help nurses. The Coatesville, we staff. We also have positions open in Pitt. If this helps call us but most important good luck on your search. Steve Schlegel 877-880-0346 toll free ext 6618

Found this place yesterday and have read everything I could, at least till my eyes hurt.

I'm trying to find a decent company, tried Intellistaff and Faststaff, but they definately turned me off after only a couple conversations. Talking to Laura in Theracare right now, and it sure SOUNDS good for Anaheim, but I'm still leery.

Any of you ever hear of Theracare? Anyone know of another company that has contracts that pays at least decently?

Deb

I'm currently working in San Diego with RN Network. Has been okay... Lots of positions in CA and elsewhere. Sylvia is enthusiastic, listens to my input, and tries to meet my needs. I'm working on nailing down my next assignment with her. Her # 800-803-7671 if you're interested. You are likely to get her voicemail, but she will call you back. Tell her Pam reccomended her...

Anonymous

Earn up to $10K per month. Need RNs with one year of experience (within the last 18 months) in acute care experience in the following fields: ER, Med/Surg, ICU/CCU, Tele and L&D. You can travel or stay in your own area. Tell us where you want to go, how much you want to make and leave the rest to us!

Whether you travel across town or across the country, travel nursing is BIG! Our travel nurses make $350 to $450 per 12-hour shift, AFTER taxes. Your income is GUARANTEED and full employee benefits begin right away with NO WAITING PERIOD. Find out more here: http://www.readyrefer.com/5834

Benefits of being a traveling nurse:
    * Make $350 - $450 per shift AFTER taxes
    * Get paid to travel the countryside
    * Control your schedule
    * Receive Benefits, Housing Allowances, and Bonuses

We'll answer all of your questions about travel nursing and help you to understand the tremendous opportunities you have in front of you as a high-paid travel nurse! Spend a few minutes at our website: http://www.readyrefer.com/5834 and find out how lucrative a travel nurse job can be. Work anywhere in the continental U.S. (except Florida) including Alaska and Hawaii. We have also recently acquired Puerto Rico, and soon we’ll be in Canada, too!

I have been traveling about 4 years. I have used ClinicalOne and CrossCountry. I have had mostly good luck with both these companies. There is always going to be some inconvencies, but I have found that the recruiter always makes the difference. If I may recommend, (I am new to this site and don't know if that is allowed) I would say I like working with Susan Bonham at ClinicalOne and with Debbie Diamond at Cross Country. You will have to just jump in and find out for yourself what you want and need in a company. A good recruiter will work with you and help you make these decisions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast