Thread: Looking for RN job in Florida

Smile Looking for RN job in Florida

Hello,

I would like to know how long it takes to get an RN job in Florida? I am looking to move down to Florida right away to start work (away from the cold up north). I have my active Florida RN license, my BLS, ACLS and PALS. My work record is clean and I have experience in corrections nursing and med surg nursing as well as ER nursing.

Wink Re: Looking for RN job in Florida

:60: Welcome to the site and good luck with your job search in FL.

Thumbs up Re: Looking for RN job in Florida

Hi I live in Florida. I am a traveling and it really depends on where in Florida you are going to live and if you want staff or travel? I suggest if you are near Miami / south Florida go with Broward Regional (large facility)or Delray Medical (small facility). If you are up central near Orlando then go with Florida Hospitals, like Sebring (not Zepherhills) or go with Brandon Regional. If you are near the gulf go with Tampa General (large facility) or Northside (small facility). If really depends but I've worked at all the above as a traveler. Hope this helps. There are many more of course. If you really want the corrections side, Supplimental has posted a corrections job in Tampa on the website. I saw it today. Good luck. Oh remember, if you are going as a traveler, get your seasonal assignment now! After November, they will be gone and once March hits you'll see how slow it becomes from March thru August.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydancer View Post
    Hello,

I would like to know how long it takes to get an RN job in Florida? I am looking to move down to Florida right away to start work (away from the cold up north). I have my active Florida RN license, my BLS, ACLS and PALS. My work record is clean and I have experience in corrections nursing and med surg nursing as well as ER nursing.

Re: Looking for RN job in Florida

Lee Memorial in Fort Myers is hiring and they have a relocation package according to their website. Lee owns about 4 hospitals. Gulf Coast is brand new and smaller and Lee is the biggest. also there is Healthpark and Coral something. Not sure what they pay.

Re: Looking for RN job in Florida

I live in Orlando and I will be very honest...I don't see how any nurse can say that they can't find a job here. There are an abundance and a variety of nursing positions available. Check out career builder.com and look in any area of Florida that peaks your interest :-) good luck and welcome