Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi there

I am new to this forum and wanted to say Hi.

I am an Australian Nurse and from Brisbane. I have been an RN for one year and then I moved to Canada last year. HOwever I am not working as a nurse due to their standards.

:shades_smile:

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hi

Welcome!
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Welcome to the site, Kyan!

Not up to Canadian standards???? Please elaborate. Do you have to do more studying, or what?

Hope you stop by often!

'Cat'

Hello Kyan,

Trying to practice nursing in another country can be tricky. Know the process to come to American can take years . . . . not to mention lots of expensive tests and examinations.

Hope you're able to work something out in Canada. Are there othe jobs you can do in the meantime?

Take it easy.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

Thank you everyone for the welcome

To answer question for Cougarnurse: I have to upgrade in Pediatrics and Maternity to get full licensure to work as RN in Canada. So I have to get in touch with the course instructor to find out more about the course duration and cost. The other college is charging the earth and the length is 4 months like per course self paced. So I am opting for the nearest college and praying its affordable.

For Nursinghumor: I am working as Nursing Attendant and Unit Aide. I just started working as a Unit Aide/Nurse Aide for Day Surgery Unit today, and so far I like it. Its an area that I am interested in. However being a nurse of 1 year experience from Oz, I have been advised that its best if I had more experience to assist with my assessment skills in Day Surgery. So I will keep that option open in the future.

I get questioned alot from nurses here and they ask why I am not working as RN. I am surprised they are not aware of the standards but anyways. I am happy to do small jobs that can assist with the cashflow

I hope to be around on this forum alot more

Take care :shades_smile:

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Good luck in the school bit! :star: