I worked on an oncology/med-surg floor from April '03 until December '03. I was having a thyroid problem, which I was unaware of. I was absolutely so ill and run down from the 12-hour shifts as well as the thyroid deficiency, I thought I was just burned out. I am not proud of this, but I was off 4 days in a row, and when came time to go back to work, I just couldn't do it...physically, emotionally, etc. exhausted and sick and I didn't work out a 2-week notice. Now I am better; I got the thyroid problem diagnosed and am taking meds. I have much more energy and had I been in my normal frame of mind, I would have NEVER quit without working out a notice. Does anyone have any advice on how I can explain this to new possible employers when they ask why my last job ended and why did I quit after only 9 months. I feel terrible about the situation, and I know 100% it will never happen again. I was a dependable employee; always early, never late, usually worked when called in or stayed over when needed, etc. Input please?