Thread: ankle

Anonymous

ankle

I injured my ankle over two months ago (basically rolled it). From that time my side of my leg over half way to my knee is numb as well as the opposite side of the top of my foot. Its not getting better... In your opionion what happened?

Re: ankle

Hello,

You're asking for medical advice, it would be a disservice to you to guess at it without the benefit of knowing your full medical history and doing a physical examination.

You need to go see a doctor (orthopedic), neurologist for an accurate assessment and answer to your question.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

Lightbulb Re: ankle

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I injured my ankle over two months ago (basically rolled it). From that time my side of my leg over half way to my knee is numb as well as the opposite side of the top of my foot. Its not getting better... In your opionion what happened?

So, a good part of your leg is numb after you injured yourself 2 months ago. Hm... in my opinion you have waited way too long to see a doctor. If the injury is getting worse, not better the numbness and pain is your body's way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. See a MD, preferably an Orthopaedic surgeon. Just remember if there is any nerve damage involved here, once the nerve is shot, it is shot. Don't risk your health.