Thread: boyfriend, pills and fluids

boyfriend, pills and fluids

hi hopefully that caught your attention. I am new in diversion I have over 7 months. My boyfriend who is a normie was injured and placed on narcotics. He has been incredible about it. But... I was wondering if the opioids were excreted in bodily fluids such as saliva and semen. I dont think so but drug testing has be paranoid over the littlest of things. I working really hard at my recovery and I would hate to pop positive for something I didnt do. Can anyone shed any light on my question?:confused:

Red face Re: boyfriend, pills and fluids

I am no expert by any means but I really don't think that is anything to worry about. Are you currently in an IOP or do you have a counselor that you could ask? :o

Re: boyfriend, pills and fluids

no I finished IOP. But he is done taking the pain meds and all tests have been good. So I'm done stressing. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Re: boyfriend, pills and fluids

Good for you.
    I know it is hard when you are around the pills. I am married to a man who is physically dependent on my drug of choice due to a severe back problem. He is not an addict but he was my enabler before I got clean. After the physical and emotional pain of detox and the grace of GOD which spared my license, I was very earnest in my 7th step prayer and have no desire to go there again with those things which I look at as a snake ready to bite me. I am not saying there aren't days when I am ready to kill everyone and think, damn, it would be nice to ....... But, by the Grace of GOD and AA I have yet to do it.
    I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers,
    W
    A woman is like a teabag. She never knows how strong she is until she gets in hot water. Elenore Roosefelt