Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: info on travel companies

Smile info on travel companies

Hi!
    I am considering doing travel nursing in NICU and am interested in recommendations on travel companies. Would appreciate input. thanks!

Member Extraordinaire

Re: info on travel companies

I am with RN Network, and they've been great- send me a private message if you'd like to hear more about them. Otherwise, go to "www.highwayhypodermics.com" & click on "Travel Company List"- There you will find a list of dozens of companies & the benefits each one offers. Then search the companies you're interested in on the "reviews" section of this page so you can hear what other travelers have to say about them.

Hey could you send me some info on RN NETWORK?? I am looking at them. Thanks
    Melissa

Member Extraordinaire

I don't really have any information to send you, but if you have any questions, send me a private message & I'll try to answer them. Otherwise, if you go to their website, there's info about benefits and stuff.

Hello. I'm also with RN Network and like them. I have been with them since '97. In case you haven't found it, they are at (http://www.rnnetwork.com).

I am currenly on assignment with them in AZ. They are looking at me for a consulting position with them and if you have a chance, I would love to know what you look for when choosing a travel company. Any info you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks.

David

Smile Re: info on travel companies

Hello, just wanted to give you some input on a wonderful travel agency and a wonder recruiter. I am working for INA and my recruiter is Shawn. So far everything has been great. Look them up under their website. The direct number is 1-888-411-4462 and Shawn extension is 1205. He is super! If you call, tell him Donna sent you. Good Luck!

Smile Re: info on travel companies

My fiance' and I have traveled for about 1 year now...4 assignments..Our first company was Bridge Staffing out of Mobile,AL. Our first recruiter Mike was AWESOME! He resigned and went to teach scool, and we got a very new recruiter...The company was good to us at first, never got a paycheck wrong,etc..then on our 3rd assignment..the hospital broke the contract numerous times..and when we complained..our company never backed us up..let the facility cancel us for "cause"..and is trying to make us each pay $2,500 penalty!..Needless to say, they are on our **** list..We then went to Intelistaf..the recruiter has been awesome (Michelle Blackson)..but they have messed up our direct deposits for the first 4 pay periods..it is now straightened out...and they are behind us..Just beware when signing with any company...they are payed alot of money for your work, so...they may not always side with you in disputes with facilities..Just becareful..and have EVERYTHING IN WRITING in your contract..If you want something in your contract..don't sign it until it is right....Tom and Lynne

Wink Re: info on travel companies

I am with Travel nurse Solutions and am very pleased. I also researched RN Network and was almost going to take an assignment with them but 2 things held me back: I would have to pay for my flight/rental car and then submit for reimbursement and if I wanted the health insurance I would have to wait either 30 or 90 days I forget exactly which it was. Travel Nurse Solutions paid for my flight and rental car up front so the only out of pocket was for my license fees which they promptly reimbursed. Also their insurance is available on day 1. Additionally if you take the housing or M&I stipends it is weekly and one more thing, they provide all housewares, linens, TV, phone and furniture, even the iron and board and vacuum, so you really only need bring your personal items which is very nice. They pay very competitively and So far have come through with everything promised. If you call them ask for Shea Parker (my recruiter) and tell her I sent you. Shea is a great recruiter and she works very hard for her travellers. I think you will be pleased with TNS

Good Luck

Labor Witch

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Labor Witch View Post
    I also researched RN Network and was almost going to take an assignment with them but 2 things held me back: I would have to pay for my flight/rental car and then submit for reimbursement and if I wanted the health insurance I would have to wait either 30 or 90 days I forget exactly which it was.
    I starated traveling with RN Network in January, and their insurance does start on day 1. There is no 30 or 90 day wait for health ins. with RN Network.

Red face Re: info on travel companies

Oops! Well they were definitely one of my top picks, I think the main deal was the out of pocket for flight issue. Good to hear from you though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast