Hi guys Im new to this forum and I hope its ok for me to complain about my night. I REALLY need an outlet. lol. I was wondering if anyone else goes through this. I am a 12-hr night-shifter on a med/surg floor. Last night was one of the worst nights ever. I had 7 patients, which I can handle easily (Ive had up to 11). But I had 2 units PRBC to transfuse, 1 pt with Cerebral Palsy and C-Diff who was TOTAL care and needed oral sx about q hour with Tubefeeds going per PEG, 2 one post-op pts (one running a temp with sats in low 80's and the other with neuro checks q 2 hours), 3 others with temps, and 5 patients needed fingersticks q 4 hours. On top of having to call docs about the temps and sats, I was having to do my vitals, fingersticks, I/O's, transfusion vitals, ALL my turns c skin care and oral care, and the additional temps that needed to be done due to the fevers. All this was on top of everything else I had to do. All the assistants did all night was the 04:30blood draws. If we ask for help they usually get mad (they dont have time). The assistant on my side left at 07:00 and 06:00 fingersticks still werent done. Assistants complain about their work in front of patients, which makes the patients feel like a burden. Do any of you have this same problem? Please dont think I am slamming assistants, Ive worked with some GREAT assistants with excellent teamwork. BTW, this site looks awesome. Its nice to have somewhere to go with people who can understand.