Thread: newbie...from texas!!!

Talking newbie...from texas!!!

hi!!

i'm new to this site. i'm really starting to get interested in travel nursing. i have 1 year of L&D experience and 5 years of ED experience (level 3..alot of cardiac pts,occasional true trauma pt,adult and peds). i have certifications for BLS, ACLS, TNCC, ENPC, and ENA. i need to take PALS and thinking about going for my CEN. i've come to the realization that it's time for a change. i'm thinking about cross-training to the cath lab so i'll have more experience. the only time i've left the state of texas is to take a trip to new orleans. so, needless to say, this would be a big change and adventure for me. i'm getting too comfortable where i am now and this complacency is driving me crazy!!! i was wondering if anyone had any tips or bits of advice for me in getting started. there are so many companies to choose from...how do you know which is right for you?

thanks,
    cutiern

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: newbie...from texas!!!

Nice to meet you, and welcome to the site! Why not check out the Travel Nurse Forums, and get an idea about the various agencies out there. What works for one person may not always be right for you, though.

I hope to hear more about your decision, so drop by often!

'Cat'

Re: newbie...from texas!!!

Welcome cutiern,

Like Cat posted, check out our Travel Forum for related info. BTW, I float to the Cath Lab and IMHO it is boring.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Talking Re: newbie...from texas!!!

i made a mistake in my intro...i work at a level 2 ER (according to the hospital's website..who knew???). cath lab boring huh? they're treated like royalty at my hospital. we are treated like the illegitimate children!!

does anyone have any opinions about Nurses in Partnership or RN Travel Connection?

cutiern