Thread: What happens to my CNA certification now? (no show at work)

What happens to my CNA certification now? (no show at work)

I just got my cnas in October, I'm on my way to become an Nurse. Two days ago I got my first nursing case.
    And it was a disaster. She called me one day before and I agreed. However, on the day i was suppose to work. I was babysitting for my sister and she never showed..which hasn't ever happened and every time I called her she said she was on her way and I kept telling my boss I was on my way. And after time passed, I knew it was too late and I couldn't bring my niece with me, I couldn't even bring myself to call my boss, because i felt disgusted with myself and he's very strict. I was afraid what he'll say. I know i lost the job..it was a home case. But I'm afraid what happens to my cna certification and record? what if i find another job..will it show, what happens? I mean this really piss me off, i was so upset, i turned off my phone and cried myself to sleep.

Apologize to your boss one more time (it can't hurt). But after that, no more. You did your best to get there, and your sister was stuck in traffic and you could not leave a child unattended.

After that, I'm not sure, but I seriously doubt that one unexcused absence will allow the yanking of your certification. Surely there is recourse in such a situation - and there is no way that anyone is going to ding you (and make it stick) for not leaving a child.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    If anything, I'd be more worried about child abandonment. THAT can raise hell with Nursing licences and CNA's.....

Thanks everyone, you guys are right! Happy New Year, be blessed.

Hi! I hope you have already resolved your issues by this time! This reply might already be too late, but I just want to say that I'm with them, you should talk to your boss and explain what really happened. There really are things which are out of our control and hopefully, he can understand and give you consideration...

Apply to another company