Thread: Not trying to be wierd here but

Not trying to be wierd here but

I was wondering how many nurses here are or have been nudists in their current or past lives. We had a discussion during a break in the action in ER and someone brought this up. I was surprised by the number of nurses who professed to currently being associated as nudists and by the number who have been in the past. I am talking about actual nudists not the flashers or streakers they dont count. Even though I did like that song by Ray Stevens.

Sounds a little out there Tom but I'll bite.

Nope, never have been to a nude beach, have no real desire to. There are a few in the Delaware area that I know of. Bout the only nudity I participate in is checking e-mail and answering the phone in my boxers on my day off.

More power to you and others that are comfortable enough with their bodies to bare it all

Out of curiousity, was it the older, younger crowd that expressed an interest, or a mix of both?

Sincerely,

Andrew Lopez, RN
    Nursefriendly, Inc. A New Jersey Corporation.
    38 Tattersall Drive, Mantua New Jersey 08051
    http://www.nursefriendly.com info@nursefriendly.com ICQ #6116137
    856-415-9617, (fax) 415-9618

Let's Connect! http://www.nursefriendly.com/social/

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Does sleeping without jammies on a hot night count?

H

Ricu
    Like that, Hppy.

I know 2 non-nurse nudists. Ce'st le vie. It isn't my 'cup of tea'; but if it is too hot in the summer, will go tearing around the house with as little on as possible.

Actually it was a group of younger nurses. Once the girls were talking about it, the guys jumped in. Me, I am just an old peace loving Hippy. Many sit ins, love ins, and demonstrations in my past. Really a very natural way to be when the weather is good.Has always seemed perfectly normal to me.

IME, it is really more about "acceptance" and meeting personal needs for most nudists. In social context, it is inappropriate. In practical aspect, is is (for 99.99% of individuals) impractical, due to environment.

Now, if you want to go all Bushman/-woman, great, but be honest- its a game, not a "lifestyle". Some people bungee-jump, some want to get close to nature, au-natural. Of course, the luxury of not being fully immersed in Nature's toothy, gaping maw really enables one.

Once the girls were talking about it, the guys jumped in.
    That tells you all there is to know, LOL!

http://danariely.com/ Predictably Irrational offers the best analysis of questionable decision making I've yet found. In essence, what are the personal economics of nudism? An idea worth exploring...

Cool

What people do in their personal lives is their business. But with today's climate of people losing their jobs over all sorts of things, I wouldn't engage in this type of activity, even if I wanted to, because I would be fearful that somehow there would be negative consequences. Things get around. And when the employers find out, sometimes you end up kissing your job goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by cali510 View Post
    What people do in their personal lives is their business. But with today's climate of people losing their jobs over all sorts of things, I wouldn't engage in this type of activity, even if I wanted to, because I would be fearful that somehow there would be negative consequences. Things get around. And when the employers find out, sometimes you end up kissing your job goodbye.
    All this as a result of the Ultraconservative Republicans. Big Brother is watching. Our Rights are rapidly eroding.

Ricu
    So, I'll just make sure the paparazzi aren't around the next time I go skinny dipping. Last thing I want is a picture of my naked self diving off a rock to show up on Facebook. LOL. I know, this is serious stuff because we're talking about right to privacy invasion here and it is a real problem.
    R