Thread: How does the nusing shortage affect you??

How does the nusing shortage affect you??

Hello to all who read this. I am researching the current disaster that is the nursing shortage, and I would love some input from working nurses and students on how it is affecting your nursing life. I am currently a student and have seen and experienced first-hand how this shortage is affecting patient care. I am wondering how this is affecting your practice and what issues you are facing due to the shortage. I would love input from anybody who has experinced this! Thanks and thanks again.

Anonymous

Re: How does the nusing shortage affect you??

How is the nursing shortage affecting me?

Putting money in MY pocket...I always love beating anyone at their own game...hehehehehe

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Merekat motto

Respect the Elders, Teach the young, Cooperate with Family, Play when you can, Work when you should, Rest in between, Share your affection, Voice your feelings, Leave your Mark

I'm currently DON @ a pain mgt clinic. I can rarely find a nurse to work prn or part-time. I use EMTs and MAs for the extra help I need.
    Can't take a day off as I can't get another RN to work. Can't find anyone. And i live in a large metro area!

Anonymous

I was interviewed for a hemodialysis position a hundred miles from Hilo HI and the nurse manager was in the same boat you are...Was tickled pink that I was coming.. I asked what the pay was..She told me $30.. I don't usually work for that but the winter's in Maine can get cold..HMMMMMMMMM

Then HR called me.. Seems the dialysis unit is run by a union hospital out in HI...Queen's I thing but I could be wrong.. The HR lady said I would be making 24.50 and I told her I wouldn't be making 24.50.. Told her "I guess you don't need a nurse very badly" She said "We do" I said " Then pay me"...End of converstion..

I stayed in NC making 35 and it's been an ok winter..
    Got paid for two snow days that the clinic was closed. I have guaranteed hours....

WR,,, three commas for Becca...

Every time I have changed positions the nursing shortage has given me,MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!