Thread: Hello...Looking at a career change

Smile Hello...Looking at a career change

Hello everyone! Looking to meet a few people and maybe get some advice from those that have walked my path.

I'm looking at changing my career to nursing...trauma or forensic. I have been a chiropractor in private practice for almost twelve years and have thought about this change for the past six years. Any advice or insight would be appreciated.

Wink Re: Hello...Looking at a career change

:60: Welcome to the site. Hope you find the change to nursing to be a smooth one.

Re: Hello...Looking at a career change

Quote Originally Posted by DCL View Post
    Hello everyone! Looking to meet a few people and maybe get some advice from those that have walked my path.

I'm looking at changing my career to nursing...trauma or forensic. I have been a chiropractor in private practice for almost twelve years and have thought about this change for the past six years. Any advice or insight would be appreciated.
    Hello DCL,

I think with a nursing shortage on the horizon, now is one of the best times to get into nursing if you can. Once the economy is over the current recession, jobs will be plentiful as will be opportunities for multiple career paths.

Do look into it, talk to a few nurses, see if it is something you can see you doing for the next 20-30 years.

Best of luck,

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursefriendly.com

Quote Originally Posted by nursinghumor View Post
    Hello DCL,

I think with a nursing shortage on the horizon, now is one of the best times to get into nursing if you can. Once the economy is over the current recession, jobs will be plentiful as will be opportunities for multiple career paths.

Do look into it, talk to a few nurses, see if it is something you can see you doing for the next 20-30 years.

Best of luck,

Andrew Lopez, RN
    Nursefriendly.com, A National Nursing & Consumer Health Directory
    Andrew...thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement...much appreciated!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Quote Originally Posted by DCL View Post

Welcome to the site, DCL! Being a chirpractor, you'd also be a shoo in for pain management nursing.

I hope you stop by often, and look around the site. You'll get some sound advice from members, and I am sure you can help us out, too.

'Cat'