Thread: Just Took the NET ( Nurse Entrance Test)

Just Took the NET ( Nurse Entrance Test)

I was trying to look for someone to talk to in the live chat room to ask this, but I was the only one in there. I just took the NET today. Bummer. I am an "A" student and was on the chancellors list @ my last college, but that NET Reading Comp. Test kicked my butt. Needless to say I didn't finish the test and I am really "iffy" about the questions I did answer. Is there anybody else out there who felt the same way and ended up passing the test. Do I really need to be upset about this?

Smile Re: Just Took the NET ( Nurse Entrance Test)

I know exactally how you are feeling right now about the reading comp. on the NET. Don't feel so bad I took it 3 times already and still did not pass that part of the test (well passed but the schools want higher 65+). I score great everytime but, that reading comp. gets me too, everytime. However, I am not giving up and if this is really what you want you should not give up either. I have talked to alot of people about this, even wrote letters to ERI (that is the company who writes the test). A few of my co-worker (all RN's) have told me there is no way it can be done the way you/we are doing it. However, there is a slight little trick..... get the book and READ very carefully what it says in the NET prep book (cost about $30.00) just exactally how it describes finding and look for the main idea, inferential, theme, etc. in a paragraph. Example, the "main idea" of the paragraph is always listed in the authors 1st sentence of mthe paragraph, then the rest just elaborates about it, bla, bla, bla. It's the only, only, only possible way to pass.
    Good Luck! And please do yourself a wonderiful favor get the book, it's the only way to pass!
    P.S. Keep me posted...hope this helps.

Re: Just Took the NET ( Nurse Entrance Test)

Hi,I am on my way to take the net test next month, and was wondering about the test and what was on the test,I heard their was some science on the test and if i need to worry about the science part of the test, or the math and reading and if you have any suggestions or can shade some light on it.please let me know(if you would please e-mail me, arolyn71@yahoo.com thanks

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Here are links in regards to the NET test and the TEAS test. Hope it helps!

Nursing Entrance Practice Tests, NET Test, TEAS Test, PSB Tests
    Nursing Pre-Entrance test, NET test and PSB tests

'Cat'

Can anyone tell me about the science questions on the NET. I'm confident in the math and reading sections but am concerned about the science portion, which is weighed heavily by the program to which I am applying.

The NET also has basic science questions on it. I'm not talking about the 'science reading' section. Rather, I'm referring to the 'basic science' section. I have taken chem, bio, micro bio and some a&p, however it was 15 years ago.

Does anyone recall the types of 'basic science' questions on the test? I already know about testprep.com, but I'm interested in knowing about the test questions from someone who has actually taken the test.

Thank you to anyone who can advise on this.

Smile Re: Just Took the NET ( Nurse Entrance Test)

I have taken the NET twice so far. First i took the NET without the science section for a nursing school that did not require your sciences to already have been completed. I also took the NET with the science section for a school that required that you had all of your sciences finished prior to the start of the program. I passed them both. I thought that my grade was a little shaky, but both schools told me that they were very happy with my scores.

If you are generally a good student, I think that the best way to take the test is it relax. Don't think too hard into the questions. I am an A student and I currently have a 4.0 GPA. When i took the NET i just coasted through the questions. I think that if you search too hard and too deep for the answer but you still can't find it, its probably right in front of your eyes.

Take a few deep breaths and take the test as though its just another state test (like all of the state run tests you were forced to take throughout high school).

As for the science questions, my NET had some questions about digestion and where protein and fat digestion begin, it asked a random question about the location of the proximal convoluted tubules, and then a few questions about fluid and electrolyte balance. (i don't generally hit the books hard and i didn't study for the NET so i wouldn't worry too much)

GOOD LUCK!!!