Thread: failed out of nursing school

Anonymous

failed out of nursing school

hello and greetings! my name is Indira Bashic and im very upset. i didnt know where to ask for help and i hope im asking the write place. even if someone can just give me some feedback to make me feel better. well i am a LPN for 5 years and decided tp gp back for my RN . i struggled and struggled to get to my last 6 week course which was critical care and failed out fo the course with a C twice...( I NEEDED A C PLUS TO PASS THE CLASS) anyhow at this time now i am dismissed from the school of nursing! i am so depressed. i cant eat sleep or anything. i tried so bad to get back into the program ant they told me to go get counseling and go elsewhere because they would not readmit me ---- even though i would of been graduating in 6 weeks!!!!! i was finally getting finished and now im NOWHERE please help................... is there anyone that i can ask for help? can the school do this to me????

Re: failed out of nursing school

Where were you going to school? If you failed out with a C twice, it sounds like you might have needed some tutoring before the second C was obtained. Were there any study groups? If so, did you participate? Were you having trouble understanding the course material?

Let me know... I have reasons for asking these questions.

With the courses you've taken already, can you not use them and transfer to another school that will accept them? A "C" is all that is required at the school I'm attending but I have heard the University here requires a certain grade point average to even stay in the program.
    With the huge shortage of nurses, you would think instructors would do anything they could (helping a student get tutoring, or give any help they could) in order to help a future nurse have the best start they could. At my school, there are instructors that act like they WANT the sudent to fail. From an inside source, I have heard that some instructors sit in a "group setting" and pick out who they think/want to pass or fail.
    So changing schools might be the best thing for you, especially if you think you have been picked on!! Keep trying!! You'll get there!!!!!!

Anonymous

hi and thank you for replying to my ad. well yeah i mean i have all my prereques but u know every school always requires different classes so i will have to retake many classes and no nursing school takes nursing courses from another school but there own! im so screwed help me

With only 6 weeks left for graduation I can't believe they wouldn't do what they could for you. I would remind them of what their job actually is. As an instructor they are there to help the students learn. They are suppose to pass on their knowledge and life experiences to help increase your knowledge and help you obtain the goals which are set by the University, the course, the instructor and yourself. Kicking you out of school doesn't help anyone. Not the University, the instructors, you, or anyone you may have been able to help. That says to me that they are not willing to do their jobs and put forth the effort to help the student at their time of need, which is what the institution should be based on. I would remind them of that, and ask for another chance. I could understand if it was the first class and you just were not cutting it, but to be this close, there is no reason for letting you go.

I hope all works out, and wish you the best of luck.

Charles Chadwick
    Director of Marketing
    Ultimate Nurse Network

I know what you are going through. This happen to me seven years ago in Georgia. I failed fundamentals of nursing with a 70 and my school at the time required a 75. I retook the class and failed Med-Surg with a grade of 70. That gave me two failed nursing courses. I then went to LPN school a year later and did well. Now I'm a LPN and have been turned down by several schools in Georgia over the pass two years. Because I know that there is a shortage of nurses and I"m a good nurse, I will continue to reapply. I feel that If nursing wasn't for me, the lord would not have let me become a LPN. So don't give up...Keep trying.

Don't give up. Things will turn around. However unfortunitely you may need to find a new school.