Thread: nurse and military wife

Question nurse and military wife

Hi,

I am new to this site and new to travel nursing. My husband is in the military and is going to be stationed near monterey CA. I have been playing with the thought of doing travel nursing. We will be stationed near monterey for one year. How flexible is travel nursing? Can I decide what type of area of nursing I want to work? What are some good travel agencies? There seems to be a lot of them. What is the longest I can be at one hospital? These are just a few questions...Just wondering if anyone could help. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: nurse and military wife

I think travel nursing would be a good option. My fiance is in the military as well and it has worked well for me. Plus the money is great. You can get a job in whatever area you specialize in. I am a tele nurse and there are tons of positions everywhere. I also have a friends that travel everywhere for CCU, med/surg, and NICU.
    I have heard that Cross Country pays really well. I am currently working in NC and a lot of the nurses here use VITA, which they say treats them very well. I might look into them next.
    The length that you work at the hospital varies from hospital to hospital. Most will take you as long as they need you. The last hospital I worked in would only let you do 2 travel assignments, but the one I am at now has travelers that have been here for over a year.