Thread: Associate's to BSN?

Associate's to BSN?

I know I just started my associate's program (tested into it in the second semester of freshman year), but I'm thinking down the road a bit...
    What would be involved in converting my associate's RN degree to a BS? I see that there are online courses-- would I need additional clinical time too?
    I already have a BS in Biology as well as a doctorate (I'm a practicing podiatrist)-- would I be able to transfer some of my existing higher ed credits to the BSN program? Thanks.

Re: Associate's to BSN?

I am doing that right now. what you need to do is look for programs that specify the ADN to BSN transition. the one I am involved with just requires that I take another 30 credits and I just take those as classes.

some are econ, pathophys, biophys, and another pharm class, but they are taken just as classes, and no further clinical work is required. however, I do have to pay for credit transfers to the other school.

also, there is an ADN to MSN program out, and if you are just looking to start, you may want to consider that and just get it out of the way

Re: Associate's to BSN?

Maxmills is absolutely correct about those programs! To give you a better idea about what's available you might like to visit our NLN accredited online & campus based nursing schools directory where you can see what each offers as well as request free (no obligation) catalogs etc:
    http://medi-smart.com/schools.htm

Good luck!