Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews on Companies

Reviews on Companies

Okay everyone let's help Aaron and ourselves by posting reviews. I have done hospitals and companies. I think he has worked hard getting this all together for our benefit. I know I use what other travelers say about companies and assignments to be sure that is where I want to go and with whom.
    It doesn't take long. For those who have done reviews I thank you. Helps me make the best choice for me.

Re: Reviews on Companies

Thanks!!!! Beautiful Baby! Makes me think of mine. When they smile at you like that, it's the best feeling in the world!

Yes, let's all do it!!!!!! I just did, and I think this site has really great potential! Just takes time to get the information in there. Go go go go!!

ICULYNN

Please,Please more of you experienced travelers review the companies. I am an 'old' nurse but a new would-be traveler. I'm age 48 and years of life and especially psych nursing have made me really wary of lots of hype. I went on the review site but there just weren't enough reviews. Maybe 5 or 6 per company.
    Some had none. Currently I am talking with American Traveler, Healthcare Staffing and PSR also under Crdentia network.
    I am doing all the research I can. Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

Interview a company just like they interview you...Ask them to send you their resume.. Have them send you the employee handbook.. It's different from your contract but just as enforcable. Have them send you a packet. No on line apps.. I don't give out all my info to any company. Have them send you the handbook for the insurance,medical, dental, life, malpractice, worker's comp etc.. Also, any info they have on 401k or other retirement vechile they might use..

Ask them for references.. Ask them to have one of their nurses call you and tell you about them..

JMHO..

WR,,, three commas for Becca

That's a good point WindingRoad. Not only are you interviewing with them, but they are interviewing with you as well. Just as they can hire you or someone else, you can hire them, or go somewhere else. It's getting to be a competitive business, and some companies are not for everyone. Some companies benefits are geared more for one type of nurse compared to the other, so to all who read this, don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions, and as WR mentioned, maybe even talk to another nurse that works for them.

That's exactly why we created our Review section. It's first hand experiences from other nurses. So PLEASE, rate and review every company and hospital you have worked for. This is a perfect chance to help others out.

Anonymous

As I only do chronic outpaient hemodialysis I don't have any hospitals to rate except Danbury in CT and again I worked only the dialysis unit.

I believe many travel nurses need to take off their blinders and realize hospitals and their units are not the only travel opportunities out there.. Dialysis is a kewl field.. I don't work nights ( I know many like nights) I don't float ( again if you just love floating disregard) I don't work for some ASSociation that sets the fees a unit can expect. I don't have to worry about the unit be sold often...etc... It has it's pros and it's cons.. I just think the pros outweigh the con's hand's down..Never made less than $35 ..And actually made $37 in Nevada.

JMHO

WR,,, three commas for Becca.

Windingroad, that is food for thought. I am just wanting to get into traveling. Have mostly done ER (6 yrs), 1-2 yrs dialysis experience but last did dialysis about 16 months ago, do you think dialysis places using travelers would be interested, I know it would not take much to pick up again, but travel agencies I have talked to act like I've been out of dialysis too long and just want to talk to me about current ER positions. Just currious as to your opion since your are currently in dialysis. Do you have any trouble finding travel assingments in dialysis? Thanks

Anonymous

I think your better bet might be going with a company that specializes in dialysis.. Which machine are you familiar with.. The concept of dialysis is like driving.. Just whether you're driving a standard or an automatic..

Can you assess a patient? Do you know the s/s of fluid overload? Brush up on the meds.. Only about 3-4 we give during dialysis.. The Fresenius 2008H has been around for years.. So if you used it you won't have trouble getting back in the saddle..

I only had one full year of experience before I traveled and no charge experience. I am the only licensed person in the unit I am in most days..

Try these two companies.. They specialize in dialysis.

www.qtstaffing.com or www.foundationenterprises.com

Joe Hill at Foundation

Dialysis is in a critical state as are other areas of nursing. It has just taken a little longer for dialysis to feel the shortage. As I stated before it's not a typical way of nursing.. No Sundays, no nights ( yes we are doing nocturnal but not much) stable pop, much fewer admits, bond with patients, become an expert etc..

Good Luck...

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Winding......... Thanks for the reply! I am not a bit concerned about assessemnt, puting pts on/or taking off etc. Just would need to be refamilarized with set up, mx checks etc... I was an acute dialysis nurse for about 1 and 1/2 yrs in a 2 bed icu unit, no tech or anyone esle but me, set up, ran pts, broke down mx, sterilized etc......And yes! it was the Frecineos 2008H, cool! I didn't know if a lot of places going to Cobe because easier to set up without the bicarb jugs etc. I will check the two places out that you mentioned. Thanks! BTW do they give referral bonus? I would be glad to mention you if you would like.

How long have you been doing traveling dialysis? Sounds like you really enjoy most of the time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast