Thread: Confused and frustrated

Talking Confused and frustrated

:confused: Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but have been reading the post and decided to register. I am in a dilema and though their might be some experience, strenght ane hope out there somewhere. I diverted opiates when I lived in NC and practicing as a DON of a large dialysis unit.(Oct 1999) I surrendered my license and went to rehad, through IOP, and going to meetings, etc. Pettioned NCBON for reinstatement,(after a year) and a discipline license was granted Sept 2001. I moved to SC (to care for mom-in law) and petition SC for a license(SC was my originating license state, before moving to NC) SCBON issued me a Discipline license concurrent with NCBON.(march 2002) My program was to be completed in July 2006. I had a + UA screen a few weeks ago for THC. I was exposed to second hand smoke (long story) and NCBON called and sid that I couldn't work. I had a confirmation on the screen done and they said until it comes back, I can't work. I called the monitoring agency (RPP) for SC, since they did an intake on me when SC issued my license, but NC insisted that NCBON do my monitoring. My lab value on my initial screen fall below the cut off for SC. NC could not tell me my value nor did I get to speak to a MRO. SC said they couldn't do anything because of NC has to make the decision. It took eight days for my confirmation to come back and on Dec. 22nd, NCBON called and stated that my license are suspended for 1 year and they will be sending me a packet and after proving a year sobreity, I can repetition for my license. The catch is, NC is going compact at the end of January 2006, and they sent a form in Oct. stating that if I had NC license but did not reside in NC, then the license are null and void. I ask NCBON how that is gonna impact my monitoring, since they plan to send me a recovery packet.(after a long pause) She stated that NC is "through" with me and now it would be up to SCBON. Now I really don't know what to think or do????????My compliance contact at RPP (SCBON monitoring program) will be out until WED. (Holidays) :mad: Any suggestions out there......................thanks.............

Re: Confused and frustrated

I just got a 2yr probation for checking out several prn's, no narcs, without orders. We are talkin zofran during a compazine shortage, mag, and calcium. I returned them at the end of my shift, but just checkin them out buys the probation. 11yr ICU experience and I cant get a return call, interview, after the probation comes to the table. I'am considering Resp therapy as a new one perhaps , all the bridges are burned. Keep hanging in tho, who knows what the tide will bring in tommorrow.