Thread: Hi from California

Hi from California

I was very interested in what the others had to say about the long process it takes to get a british nursing license. I live in Leicestershire, a native californian,(living there with my british husband), and it is taken, still in the process of getting a decision letter fromt the NMC, about the overseas nursing program. I have taken the IELTS test and passed, now waiting ...... waiting ......waiting to get the word so I can take the 4 week program. I came back to California and am working as a traveler, while I wait,wait, wait. Since I have 20 yrs experience in L&D, I will probably have to take their midwifery course(18 months) in order to work in my field. The cost for everything is not cheap. They literally, pound you to death with all the fees. For a country who says they need midwifes bad, they sure make things difficult. Any suggestions for an easier route, I'm all ears.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Hi from California

Welcome to the site, sjolie, and glad you found us!

Hmmmmm; you got me on you question about licensure in Britain. Keep us posted on what transpires!

Cool Re: Hi from California

:60: Welcome to the site. Sorry can't offer any advice about the British license. Hope everything straightens itself out.

Re: Hi from the middle east,

I;m a british nurse working here for the last 3yrs , peadiatrics is my field and on picu at present , and am in the process of sorting out papers for the states which will take about 24 months nothing in the world of paper moves fast:nurse-haha: