Thread: A thought to think about

A thought to think about

I have been is a situation where I was told that I had to clock out on time and either finish my admission off the clock or have an nother nurse put my admission accessment in the computer.

I know it is illegal for the employer to ask to work of the clock. and certainly it don't seem right another nurse putting your accessment in the computer.

Smile Re: A thought to think about

I also worked for employers that told us to clock out and finish work (usually charting) off the clock. Although I disagreed with this, I did it to keep my jobs. I doubt I would do anything other than charting off the clock, just too risky. I would not allow or expect another nurse to put my admission assessment in the computer. That is asking for trouble. You should not be doing an admission at shift change. Just get them in an available bed and pass the admission on. That is what I would do.

Re: A thought to think about

Well, it's spelled ASSESSMENT, and, are you a travel nurse?
    If you did the assessment it is your responibilty to DOCUMENT,even if it's if after hours.. There's alot of time pressures from management NOT TO PAY OVERTIME.... So if you can't get your work done on time, it's still your legal responisibility to document. Then Tackle the problem of being paid for overtime.
    If this is a travel job, call your nurse liason and report this other wise deal with it and move on.