Thread: Desperate in vrp

Unhappy Desperate in vrp

I am an Rn recently in vrp although I have been clean for 1year and 9 mns recently told I could return to work in nov very stressed not sure how to look for a job need one deseprately applied for nursing assistant, home health aide even wawa I share at meetings and my sponsor tells me it will get better need some advice please getting very desperate

Re: Desperate in vrp

Iknow this was posted a while back, I'm to site. How did it go with the job ?

Cool Re: Desperate in vrp

How are you doing? I lost my license for three years and was reinstated in 2006. It can be very frightening at first, but then it all comes back. I was just recently terminated for a no-call, no-show which I did NOT do. The other nurses can be either very supportive, or very demeaning. I've worked with both. It's been quite a journey. I have six and a half years clean and sober by the grace of God. I'm in Northeast Ohio.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

I am going to give the advice that someone gave me which is to try psych facilities - as I have said they are always short of help - and are generally more forgiving of a nurses past - I worked acute in-patient psych for 4 years and now do psych nursing for developmentally disabled adults who live and work in the community. It's a good job, good pay, good hours.

Keep trudging

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Quote Originally Posted by lisafelicity View Post
    How are you doing? I lost my license for three years and was reinstated in 2006. It can be very frightening at first, but then it all comes back. I was just recently terminated for a no-call, no-show which I did NOT do. The other nurses can be either very supportive, or very demeaning. I've worked with both. It's been quite a journey. I have six and a half years clean and sober by the grace of God. I'm in Northeast Ohio.
    I too am in NE Ohio, I've had a bad time with OBN, kept testing positive for ethyl glucuronide and did not know how hypersensitive the test is, alcohol based hand sanitizer will show positive along with hundreds of other products. And my monitoring stated I was a no show for testing on 1 occasion. This has gone on for nearly 2 years, it's like a nightmare that won't end.
    jms

I'm in Canton. Where are you? What meetings do you go to?