Hi everyone!

I'm a product design engineering student about to start my penultimate year project. I'm really interested in doing something in the medical field and have read that there are some issues with neonatal incubators. I was hoping that anyone with experience actually working with these could shed some light? It would really be appreciated.

From what I've read, problems exist with the incubators in that there doesn't seem to be an incubator that can be easily transported without causing major disruption to the neonate and can possibly not offer the temperature control that is needed when in transport. Additionally, there seem to be problems of noise and light disrupting the baby. Would an incubator which is much quieter inside and has the option of reducing the amount of light be useful?
Are they simple enough to use or overly complicated?
Are they easy to clean and is bacteria/MRSA an issue with the incubators?
Would an incubator suitable for transport and use in an NICU as well as the ability to be placed directly into an MRI or X-Ray machine be useful?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Also, if you know of any medical equipment that has major problems it would be really helpful to me.

Brian.