Thread: Resume help

Resume help

I'm in the process of making a new resume after 2 years out of the field of nursing. During that time I have been unemployed mainly but with some little jobs.

1. How do I account for the time not nursing on the resume?

2. Do I put my license number on the resume? If they look it up before I get an interview they will know it was suspended.

Thanks for any and all help! I'm baffled and intimidated about looking for a job.

Skippy

Smile Re: Resume help

I do not put my license number on my resume. They will find out the bad news when they verify your license anyway. I also have never listed periods of unemployment on my resume or even on job applications and have never been called on it. Be prepared to answer questions about your situation when you are interviewed. If they aren't going to consider you, then you most likely won't be called for an interview anyway. Good luck.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Resume help

Early in my recovery - I had little success - applying for jobs through resume submittal. I adopted a stalker approach. I would investigate when DON's were in their offices then I would walk in and ask for an interview.
    My first job out of recovery was in acute psych. I had been told that the facility was "Diverson Friendly". At the point in my interview when I revealed my addiction and recovery the DON said "That's wonderful! When can you start?" Granted they paid a bit less but I was just happy to be working again. I'm doing home care of DD adults now. Eventually I would like to go back to L&D because I miss the babies, but the work is mostly low stress and I pretty much make my own hours so I'm happy for now.

Keep your chin up! Work your recovery and all things will fall into place.

Peace and Namaste

Hppygr8ful