Does anybody know what the situation is in california in terms of admissions to nursing program? Why do they have a lottery system?

For me I spent 3-4 years in practice as a chiropractor and decided I needed a change to further help patients in need. Sure chiropractic does help, but I like more of a hands on approach. It seems like it is repetetive for me to do the same procedures on my patients. Don't get me wrong, the pay is ok, but try to fight lawyers and claim adjusters for your money.. A BIG hassle.

I apply for RN and LVN in community college and didn't get accepted in the RN because of the lottery system and that my pre-reqs were not accredited by the nurse council even if I graduated from Chiropractic school with the 7 year pre-req grace requirement. I currently enter into LVN and won a spot as a student and I LOVE the profession...

Couple of questions...Should I also take my pre-req at another community college while enrolled in the LVN??? Would it be hard???
2. After graduation from LVN, how hard is it to advance my degree to be an RN?
3. How is the job outlook for LVN compared to RN??? I know that RN are more in demand..

Thanks for any input..