Thread: New to forum

Smile New to forum

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the forum. I am on probation in IN for nursing and will be for the next 3 years. I have just begun searching for a job. Not having a car or drivers license and a probationary nursing license sure is difficult. I am going to stay positive and take it day by day. I look forward to chatting with you all.

AC

Re: New to forum

Well, welcome! and I wish you luck. I live in Ohio myself and with all the restrictions and hoops they have me jumping through finding a job, any job, has been no easy task. I'm automatically categorized as a druggy and a liability regardless of the fact I am in counseling, attending group meetings 3 times a week along with 2 NA meeting a week and being randomly drug tested. I am doing my best to abide by my contract and seek treatment. The contract is long and can be confusing but I AM trying. Keep me informed on how your job search goes. Where abouts in Indiana are you from? I am originally from the southeastern part myself.:nurse-hang:

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Thumbs up Suggestion for both of you

Most of the folks I know - myself included - went to work for a period of time in psych. They are generally more understanding of our restrictions and circumstances. I know that a lot of nurses say they'll never work psych. I have found however that my experience in psych has helped my career tremendously. It gave me great perspective on my own issues and made me a better nurse. I now do home care for the developementally disabled adults and love it.

Peace and Namaste to you both.

Hppy.