Thread: Looking to travel in the Green Bay, WI area...

Looking to travel in the Green Bay, WI area...

I am wanting to do some travel nursing in the Green Bay, Wisconsin area starting in May 2009. Does anyone have any info about hospitals in this area? I am an oncology nurse---working in a Myelosuppression Unit for the past year. We do lots of chemotherapy, transfusions, and care for patients before and after stem cell transplants.

I have never traveled before, and am not sure about the differences in agencies. Any insight would be appreciated!!!

:cool-nurse:

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Looking to travel in the Green Bay, WI area...

I have been traveling outside of WI for the last 2 years, but before I started traveling, I worked in Green Bay. I did peds onclolgy, and then ER.

There are 4 hospitals in Green Bay.

St. Vincent & St. Mary's are sister hospitals, and St. Vincent is the largest in GB. I worked at St. Vincent in Peds/pediatric oncology for a year and a half- it's a good place to work, friendly staff, and they do have an adult oncology unit. I can guarantee that they don't do stem cell transplants, though- it's a Catholic hospital.....

Bellin Hospital is right next door to St. Vincents, but is smaller. I believe they have an adult oncology unit as well...

Aurora BayCare is the newest hospital in Green Bay, and Aurora Healthcare is the largest healthcare corporation in WI. I worked in Peds & in the ER here for 2 years. Of the hospitals, it is the nicest- all private rooms, everything state-of-the-art, and they have both inpatient & outpatient onclolgy for adults. Also, they pay better, and staff is very friendly.

Hope that helps!
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen