Thread: RNs please reply: general info: new traveller SC

RNs please reply: general info: new traveller SC

Hi. I am new to this site so excuse any mistakes. I am an RN and I have about 3 years experience on a busy cardiac surgical unit. I am looking to take a travel assignment in Charleston, SC (my best friend lives there) and I have applied with a few travel companies. So far they all seem to offer about the same packages. I have researched travel nursing for a while and have read all the general questions, etc that travel companies put out but I was looking for any "inside" tips from real nurses who have actually travelled, esp. in Charleston.
    I have a dog and my most important things are the hospital unit itself and housing. Can I ask for specifics of insurance coverage prior to deciding which company? Also can I find out exactly where I would live before signing on, because the nicer the housing, the more likely I would be to take an assignment from that company. Am I wrong to think I can pretty much dictate what I want since there are a few companies wanting me to work for them?
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: RNs please reply: general info: new traveller SC

Hi. I'm a nurse, traveler, and recruiter. You can have your cake and eat it TOO! Housing, travel, pay, are all bargining chips that should each be negotiated. I would be glad to give you freely any information I have that might help.

Thanks

Paul

Summit Medical Staffing
    www.summitmedstaff.com
    1-800-330-3867 Ext 812

OK Paul, I see that you are pretty consistent in your postings. Always the recruiter. What do you have to offer? Do you have positions in Michigan? I am an RN, BSN, have travelled before (with Olsten Flying nurses for a year) and am looking for the best company to go with, this time around. I loved Olsten's and had the best recruiter, but can't find any info on Olsten's anymore. I travel with my husband and boys (12 and 15). I would like to be with in 100 miles of the Grand Rapids/Grand Haven area of Michigan.

I thought this forum was supposed to be free from recruiters! You're not winning any points soliciting here from me, Paul, except from the one RN who turned my honest inquiry into her own personal want ad. Thanks for nothing from both of you...