Thread: Has anyone heard of this before?

Has anyone heard of this before?

Another person on here made a post about contract negotiators, i emailed her to find out some more about what she was talking about, and she referred me to a website. I emailed the guy on the website and he called me today and I talked to him.
    My question is, has anyone else ever heard of someone that does this, is it bogus or for real? It sounds to me like one of those to good to be true things...
    The guy just didn't sound very professional on the phone, he kept using foul language, etc.
    How can they get you double your bring home pay just by adding another middle man to the whole process? How do the keep agencies from calling you and bugging you? Anyone else used a contract negotiator before as opposed to a recruiter? I'm really confused here and would like to know if anyone else has been involved in this process before.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Has anyone heard of this before?

I looked at the website as well, the whole thing sounds kind of fishy to me. I agree- how can he get nurses so much more money, when he is just one other person who will be taking his piece of the pie??? The site lists nurses who have gotten up to $40,000 for a 13 week contract, BUT, you have to wonder- does that amount include housing, insurance, travel reimbursement? Also, I guarantee that that amount is before taxes, not take-home pay....

And what about those of us who don't qualify for tax-advantage because we don't own a tax home? Guarantee I'd never see that much money as take-home pay.

I haven't even talked to the guy on the phone, and the whole thing just reminds me of some slimy used car salesman.... Plus, there's a link to the guy's myspace page, you should check it out- very unprofessional- not someone I'd be putting my carreer in the hands of....
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Well, I had not seen the myspace page thing before, that was REALLY unprofessional.
    I don't know, maybe I'm being cynical but it doesn't add up. If the industry standard is 75 dollars an hour for an agency to charge a hospital, then how is he getting more than a thousand a week more than that for the nurse as take home pay? And why would an agency even bother to deal with him at all? How does the agency make any money?
    He said they use 8 agencies, and i asked him which ones, and he named of a few, I have never heard of them before, and couldn't even find them online...

Member Extraordinaire

Ok, this is too hilarious... so I was just looking over ol' Johnny's website, and these are EXACT quotes from his official application form:

"Staff RN reference name that can give you props."

"Did it suck, or was it cool?"

"Do you speak, read, or write any language other than english? Yes, No, Who Cares"

This sounds like a 15 year old wrote it! And this is someone who is supposed to be professional and wants nurses to trust him with their careers? No thanks.....
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

That guy sent me an email with a copy of this thread in it! And it said at the top, "I want to fight for you, not with you." kind of makes me think that he was the one that made the original post...

Member Extraordinaire

Probably....
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

The more I think about it, the more it creeps me out. That someone is on here posing as a nurse, and then has the audacity to send nasty emails to people if they don't fall for his scam...
    What a scumbag. I sure hope no one on here emailed or called him and is considering the crap-o-la he was touting...

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Quote Originally Posted by amberdouglas View Post
    The more I think about it, the more it creeps me out. That someone is on here posing as a nurse, and then has the audacity to send nasty emails to people if they don't fall for his scam...
    What a scumbag. I sure hope no one on here emailed or called him and is considering the crap-o-la he was touting...
    At first I thought of removing the post you were referring to. On futher thought, it can serve as a 'reminder', warning people NOT to fall for the B.S.

Sorry you got singed, but thanks for helping us.