Thread: thinking about becoming a traveler

thinking about becoming a traveler

Hi all just wondering if I could get some help...I am burned out at my job, and have wanted to travel for some time. Is it worth it? can I make a good living traveling. I have heard from time to time opportunities that sound to good to be true, like working in Alaska or over seas and making large money I would be interested in that. pls help me
    thanks
    Chris in Louisville ky

Re: thinking about becoming a traveler

Travel nursing pay for me has been $26 to $36 per hour. Depends on specialty and each state payrate varies. But free housing makes up for hourly rate.
    You can go pretty much wherever you want. Most of my jobs were good but a few lousy ones where 13 weeks seems like forever.

Check it out.

Wink Re: thinking about becoming a traveler

You can make more money if you market your self wide and take the best assignments. My 1st 2 13 week assignments I had saved more in the bank than I ever did at 7 years at my perm job.

There are other reasons to Travel though such as a change in environment whee you live and where you work. Just do your research and ask others so you don't change those two for the worse.

I also loved the fact of being able to take time off in between assignments even up to 6 months once.

I remember the pluses of all my assignments and don't remember any catastrophes maybe because I was picky and did a bunch of research online, networking and calling people and such.

I think of it as an adventure even when things don't go perfect as compared to my perm job where it was just the same ole BS and Burnout.

Travel Nursing can be fun and cure to burnout and less problematic if you read read read and plan plan plan for every possible scenario always learning.

I've been Traveling a while and don't want to consider myself an expert because I think it would hinder my learning attitude.

CJ www.TravelNurseToolbox.com

Smile Re: thinking about becoming a traveler

I am taking the plunge next week with my first travel assignment. I got tried of the politics and the treatment that I received at my perm. job. Moved to KY 2 yrs ago and was shocked at how nurses were treated. Did alot of research regarding companies. Selected 3 that I will work with. Lucked out an got Nashville my first time out. May seems ok. I am excited and nervous but I am looking forward to moving on and gaining a new outlook. Sometimes you have to jump in and ride the current. Anyway let me know how you make out.