Hello, I am new to this site. I am a RN in AZ. I am in my last class to get my BSN. My class is understanding dying, death and bereavement. For my assignment this week I need to interview a hospice nurse. Is anyone available to help me? if so, please e-mail me.
here are the questions if you are able to help.
1. How would you compare your role as hospice nurse with that of an acure care nurse?
2. What do you see as the major advantages of hospice? Disadvantages?
3.What are your primary goals in providing care for the terminally ill patient?
4. How much effort do you make to include members of the family in the care you provide for the hospice patient? Are there times when your primary patient is a member of the family?
5. Evaluate the actual practice of the team approach to medical care for the terminally ill. Are all members of the team equal?
6. Evaluate the role of the volunter in the hospice movement. Is it difficult for you to work as a professional when many of your co-workers are not professional health care workers?
7. How do you deal with your experience of loss when one of your patients dies? Does the special nature of hospice work make for a depressing career?
8. What do you see as the future of the hospice movement? How will Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party reimbursement affect the quality of patient care in hospice?
9. How is the disease of AIDS/ARC providing a significant challenge for your hospice work?

Thank you for taking the time to do this!!!!!!!!