Thread: is $700 per shift considered a good pay?

is $700 per shift considered a good pay?

i was wondering how much on average a traveler would make including everything on the package. i have a possible assignment on an LA hospital and the agency would be willing to pay me $700 per shift thats including everything and ill have to buy my own insurance. The assignment would be on the surgical floor.

Re: is $700 per shift considered a good pay?

well that depends, sounds like a blended rate. ( IE.HOUSING)
    Bottom line, what is your hourly working wage and estimated take home pay? Is it 8 or 12 hour shift?
    If you are with a good travel agency then the health insurance is free for you and usually day 1 along with dental and vision

I really don't care about blended rates because it looks good but that is how the company snags you.

Health insurance is not cheap.
    You better crunch some numbers so you won't be disappointed plus Check out some other companies..If you want my recruiter from RN NETWORK lete know by sending a private message
    Take some time to think about this.

Re: is $700 per shift considered a good pay?

its actually a staffing agency kinda like a nursing registry type. this would be my first time doing a travel/registry type assignment. thanks for the info if anything changes i will let you know thanks a million..

Quote Originally Posted by Kdog View Post
    well that depends, sounds like a blended rate. ( IE.HOUSING)
    Bottom line, what is your hourly working wage and estimated take home pay? Is it 8 or 12 hour shift?
    If you are with a good travel agency then the health insurance is free for you and usually day 1 along with dental and vision

I really don't care about blended rates because it looks good but that is how the company snags you.

Health insurance is not cheap.
    You better crunch some numbers so you won't be disappointed plus Check out some other companies..If you want my recruiter from RN NETWORK lete know by sending a private message
    Take some time to think about this.