I have 2 years experience in acute inpatient psych, a year of geriatrics and two and a half years of teaching long term care and psych. I actually was thinking about going overseas and working with the soldiers. I have dealt with them on the unit.I have heard about three month stints overseas.

Work Experience Registered Nurse
July 2007 – current
Good Samaritan Society – Minneapolis, Minneapolis, KS
 Duties include patient care, charting, administration of medications, assisting physicians, patient education, narcotic count, charging on unit, delegating to C.N.A.s and creating powerpoints for recruitment purposes.

Nurse Educator
January 2006 – June 2008
Brown Mackie College – Salina, Salina, KS
 Duties include creating lecture and powerpoints for allied health, practical nursing and registered nursing student lectures, assisting with e-college, instructing peers and students on use of palm pilot, labs for practical nursing, and piloting new class material for allied health.

Registered Nurse
May 2002 – November 25, 2005
Salina Regional Health Center, Salina, KS
 Duties include patient care, charting, administration of medications, assisting physicians, patient education, charging on the unit, narcotics count, etc.

Education M.S.N. Program
University of Phoenix Online
January 2005 to November 2006

B.S.N. and B.A. in fine arts (Psychology)
Kansas Wesleyan University
May 2002 – June 2004

Associates Degree Nursing
Kansas Wesleyan University
June 1999 – May 2002

Interests and Activities include: Cross-stitching; crocheting; reading; computers; self-improvement courses; continuing education courses, and Church. Prior newsletter editor for the Kansas State Nursing Association, District V. (received award for publication).

Volunteer Experience At Pawtucket Memorial Hospital, over 1500 hours were accomplished as a teen. An article in the Pawtucket Times was done on volunteering at that time, and they had interviewed me. Assisted at local Health fair at S.R.H.C 2004 and 2005. A coloring book was created for the laboratory, as well as videos and an information board, with the collaboration of my husband Andrew. The Christmas Party was created and created and carried out by volunteers, led by several, including myself. Pediatric tours were coordinated through the lab and Shirley Oliver, RN with lots of positive feedback from nursing and teachers alike. Chaperoning high school dances.

Assisting at open house at BMC – Salina, creating powerpoints for activities such as the 115th anniversary,nursing pinning powerpoint, Relay for Life other student nurse activities (was sponsor for the student nurses at Brown Mackie - Salina) and the Higher Learning Commission visit.