I'm currently active duty Air Force and am interested in eventually becoming a career Officer Flight Nurse after my enlistment is up in 2009.

I have a couple concerns however, my job is pretty relaxed and luckily the Air Force is VERY pro-education, so I could probably get my supervisors to work with me on scheduling. I'd like to know what the workload is like for an RN student? I can do a fair amount of studying at work, but I am concerned about having time for the rest of the commitment. Is this something that can be done? I could probably work night shift and go to class during the day.

Also, my second concern is my college record. I have an Associates in Arts and Sciences, and my GPA is a 3.2, but I've got a total of about 8-10 dropped classes due to family financial issues while I was attending college. Will this hurt my chances of getting into an RN school? Also I have some experience as an EMT-B (about 6 months worth as a resident trainee at a Fire Dept in 2002).

The more I read over this post the more I realize I don't really know much about how to get into this, I'm overseas now, but will be back to the US in April of 06 and will be ready to get things going. Can someone give me any kind of information or advice on what I can do or how I should proceed?

Thanks!
Jason