I have worked in a hospital for 13+ years in Cardiovascular med surg..... My 1st job in a hospital lasted 10 years I left because the facility closed down; I've been at my current job for 3 years.

I am now looking toward returning to LTC. I want to know if anyone has any good experiences as far as workload, or conditions or anything. Give me some hope.

I worked in LTC as a CNA; before I became a nurse back in 86-92. I know all to well that it is hard work.

I always wanted to return to LTC~ but am ambivilent.... & wonder~ Is it safe? with the work conditions 1 nurse to 60 + pts etc. etc.

I love Cardiovascular/ med surg nursing what I am doing now. I also have a vision of where I want to go in career. I would like to eventually get into agency type work- for the increased pay/ & being able to make your own schedule/ & just having more control over where you work etc.

But; before that happens, I want to open more doors & opportunities by returning to LTC as a nurse~ I always loved LTC; But am concerned about safety/feeling overwelmed/& not providing the quality care the residents deserve. At the same time I feel moving to LTC is a neccessary step~ & I won't know till I try.

Anyone with any thoughts???