Thread: Lone Travelers

Smile Lone Travelers

Hey y'all...
    So I'm taking my first travel assignment in June 2008 in California... hopefully the San Diego area.. I'm travelling w/Fastaff

A year ago me and two of my nurse friends decided we're travelling together at the end of our contracts in June '08.. well a lot happens in a year and long story short, I'm gonna be travelling alone now due to their obligations that they have to stay behind for.

After consideration I decided I'm ok w/travelling alone, but I'd like to make contacts in the cities I'm going to.. preferably other travellers so that we can explore these cities together!

I'm young (23), single, currently living in Texas, and theres so much I want to do and see! This year I'm all about trying new things, seeing new places, and conquering fears!... Oh, and also conquering my debt hehe. Its been a great year so far!

Anyone who's gonna be in the San Diego area or who is in a situation similar to mine and is also wanting a travel buddy, lemme know!

Alicia, RN

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Lone Travelers

I'm in San Diego right now, I'll be gone by the time you get here, but if you have any questions about the area, let me know!
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Hello Alicia RN,

I hope to take my first travel assignment in Sept/Oct time. San Diego was at the top of my list! How long were you planning to be there....how about after that? What kind of nursing do you do?

Haylie, 24, Portland, OR

I'm Med/Surg Tele.
    Shoot, I really haven't a clue where I'll be on the next assignment! This travel nursing is so new to me I don't know what to expect..However!.. If I had to choose, I think I'd like to do NY after CA..? We'll see how hard it is to tear myself from the beach
    Alicia, RN

If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    -Emily D.
    :rose:

I am planning on traveling for the first time in Sept. NICU is my specialty. not sure where to go yet, but California sounds like a great place to start.

Hi, I plan on taking an assignment in the San Diego area in June. I am also new to travel nursing and am in California right now on my first assigment by myself. I don't know exactly where I would like to go in San Diego, I am in the process of looking for a new agency. Anyone have suggestions for a fun single girl? Also, has anyone worked at Sharp hospital or UCSD?

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by sontas View Post
    Hi, I plan on taking an assignment in the San Diego area in June. I am also new to travel nursing and am in California right now on my first assigment by myself. I don't know exactly where I would like to go in San Diego, I am in the process of looking for a new agency. Anyone have suggestions for a fun single girl? Also, has anyone worked at Sharp hospital or UCSD?
    If you're looking for fun places to go out, try the bars on Garnett St. in Pacific Beach (Moondoggies, Pacific Beach Bar & Grill....)- it's much more laid back and relaxed that the bars in the Gaslamp (and cheaper!).

Also, check out the Wave House in Mission Beach- it's a cool place to go, watch the surfers on their giant surfing machine, have a drink, grab some food, sit by the bonfire... But they usually close by sundown- they might stay open later in the summer.

The best pizza by far in San Diego is at The Bronx in Hillcrest- try it!

You can take some beautiful pictures at Cabrillo National Monument on Point Loma- it has the best views in San Diego. Also, google "San Diego tide forecasts" to find out when low tide is- if you go to Point Loma at low tide, you can see the tidepools, and see some cool sea critters like starfish, etc...
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen