Thread: Telescope problems

Smile Telescope problems

Any suggestions on how to apply anti-fog agent to the telescope. we use stuff that is applied with a syringe "Ultrastop". I've been told to apply it and not to wipe it off. however surgeons are always complaining about the rubbish picture. any suggestions. Barbra

Re: Telescope problems

We have stainless steel thermoses that we fill with heated water to pre-heat the scopes. Scopes need at least 5 to 10 minutes to soak for this to work. After taking the sope out of the water, dry it, then apply small amount of anti-fog, and rub that dry before putting into the patient.

The reason why the scopes are fogging is that they are appx. 64-68 degrees F, and being placed in a body that's 98 F or so. Also, if the CO2 is not heated as it's going into the patient, that can fog a scope as well. Making sure that the scope port isn't also the insufflation port can help this.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]