Hi. I'm Debbie, a prospective RN student in Oklahoma.

I'm 53 years old now.

I have a BA and MA in Social Sciences from the University of Oklahoma. I graduated in 1992.

I'm trying to decide between attending OCCC and Rose State. I'm pursing the AA degree accelerated option.

I do not want to pursue a BA or more, and I want to keep this as simply as possible because I do not have a strong science background.

I realize there will be science courses.

Please tell me which of the two schools are better for a social science major.

Why is it when I talk to ANYONE about enrolling in an RN program their eyes roll back in their heads and they approach the whole subject with a sense of enormous dread?

Can it be anymore stressful than surviving an alcohol/abusive childhood; two alcoholic/abusive marriages and near abject poverty; going to college and working full time which involved taking 36 hours of statistics to graduate with no prior math background and writing/defending a thesis to boot. And somehow living to tell about it.

Is nursing school more stressful than this? If so, I don't think I can make it through.

Despite all this, I have a heart for hurting people, and I want to anything I can to ease their emotional and physical suffering.

I work as a CNA/HHA now, and also do volunteer work as a support group facilitator for a depression/bipolar support group.

Thank you.

Debbie