Thread: Travel companies

Travel companies

So I am in need of a good travel company! I have heard so many horror stories and don't know which company to work with. Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated. So far, I have been contacted by american mobile (which I heard sucks), nurses Rx, preferred healthcare staffing and medical express. I am new to this travel thing.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Travel companies

I travel with RN Network, and am very happy with them- PM me if you have any specific questions, or would like my recruiter's info.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Talking Travel companies

Do NOT use any amn companies. I did 2 assignments with them. first was pretty good than they burnt me bad on the second. they promise one thing do another. I waited over 6 hours for housing after driving 7 hours to get to fort worth. they were not straight with me on alot of things. They have also done a very good friend of mine the same way.
    im on assignment right now with nccstaffing.com , michelle is my recruiter, i had 5 travel companies looking( i was told by travelers that have been doing this a while to do that.) and she got me 3 interviews before the others. plus she got me where i wanted to go. weekly pay. im still always looking for better though. if you hear of any let me know.

I too have heard horror stories about AMN and their affiliates. Im currently with Access nurses and they have done very well by me.

I take it back. That was during my first assignment. Its now September and a couple assignments later.. I am running for the hills to get as far away from Access as I can. I posted a review under company review section.. Access is NO GOOD..

I just cancelled as contract at an ER in the Bronx, NY. It was dirty, overcrowded, unsafe and no fun. I have worked in some busy places but it wasn't that that made this place unsafe. I called CCTC and talked to the Clnical Advisor and we agreed to pull me out of there. The next day that same job was posted again.
    If it was unsafe enough to pull me out why place another RN's license in the same danger???

Money!

I am currently with a company called RN Recruit. Website is Rnrecruit.net. CEO is a former traveler. It is a small company with small overhead so money goes to nurses who earn it. CEO has been where we are and understands all the bad recruiters and companies. She doesn't want to find you the next assignment, she want to establish a relationship with you to keep you traveling for as long as you want. I am in Rhode Island about to start a second assignment. She has gone above and beyond for me and my family. Check out the company and tell her the Alabama nurse in Rhode Island referred you!!!

I am currently on assignment in Texas with Travelmax and I LOVE THEM!!! It has taken me two years of trial and error and I have finally found a company that I want to travel with again. Jenni C. is my recruiter and I tell her every time I talk to her that she better not leave and go anywhere or I will hunt her down. This is the only company that I have used so far that has 1). Had a genuine recruiter who I feel comfortable with. 2). Give me incredible pay with quite a bit of room for negotiating the things that are important to me. 3). Consisent on payroll. I have never had any problems with my money with Travelmax. 4). Continues to find me assignments where I want to go. If you talk to Jenni tell her that her hard working NC girl sent ya!