Thread: CANADIAN LPN WANTS WORK IN US

Anonymous

CANADIAN LPN WANTS WORK IN US

i will be getting my lpn license in BC, Canada in Sept.2005. After i get my license i want to work in either CT or Spokane, WA. Can you tell me if this is even possible and what my chances are of getting a job there? I know there's probably a bunch of requirements etc, but is there people i can contact and tell them where i want to work etc and they can set it up for me and make the process faster and less complicated???? thanks for any help you can give!

Re: CANADIAN LPN WANTS WORK IN US

You'll have more than a few hoops to jump through, and I'm not sure how easy or worth it at all it will be.

We're in a nursing shortage in the U.S. with the most demand for RNs, not as much for LPNs.

Rather than pay hefty agency or recruiter fees for LPNs, most hospitals and facilities can hire them locally.

I'd contact the agencies in the US that handle foreign nurses and find out what's involved.

The major one is:

Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS):"Welcome to the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS). Throughout this website, we are pleased to share with you some of the exciting and rewarding opportunities that await you at CGFNS. We hold strong to the values of excellence, which have sustained CGFNS for almost a quarter of a century. As we enter the new millennium, this is a critical time for the nation, for health professionals and for our organization and its divisions, the International Commission on Healthcare Professions (ICHP), the International Consulting and Educational Service (ICE), and the International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (ICD). We are privileged to be in the public policy arena, helping to ensure that United States immigration policy is objective and effective."
    Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools
    3600 Market Street, Suite 400
    Philadelphia, PA 19104-2651 USA
    Business Office: (215) 222-8454
    Applicant Inquiries: (215) 349-8767
    Facsimile: (215) 662-0425
    Telex: 402409 CGFNS PHA
    Cable: CGFNS, Philadelphia, USA
    E-mail: info@cgfns.org
    http://www.cgfns.org/

With the passage of NAFTA, it has become easier for nurses to cross over and practice.

Let us know how you make out.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com