Thread: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

Indeed, stay away from Advantage RN.
    They are incompetant (misrepresented what the potential assignment was)nasty, the "Compliance Officer" a nitwit named Megan B. told me that I couldn't have a copy of my own application and references (WRONG) and when I challenged her and asked who her boss was , this paragon of professionalism said "God" and hung up on me. I then had the unique pleasure of speaking to the CFO - Jeff K. who said that he didn't know if little Ms Megan's remarks were approptiate or not and suggested that this little twit would know better than an experienced nurse what the compliance rules typically were. This officious and sarcstic mini executive, for this tiny company, said that he would get back to me. He of course, did not.
    What a gaggle of losers and unprofessional slobs. If the CFO can't show any respect for the nurses that put his salary in his pocket - whom he lives off of - we can only expect that his underlings would be incompetant frauds as well.
    The recruiter named Carol S. didn't even know the exact nature of the job she was offering (which she called me for)and was in all kinds of a hurry but then did no follow up.
    What a losing operation..
    We can expect that some big company will gobble up this low end bunch of parasites, and there will then be one less nuisance and many fewer liars and incompetant boobs for nurses to be bothered with.

Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

hmmmm,
    I am currently working with AdvantageRN and they have been more than awesome. My recruiter is Jeannie and she has bent over backwards to get me the position I wanted and I worked out all the hours and such in my contract. I will definately go with AdvantageRN again.
    Matt

Smile Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

Mattress,
    It's great that Advantage RN works for you. But heed other's advice. If any promblem occcurs, you may find it not all you think it is. I've also had promblems with their "compliance people". Been charged double amount for housing the last week of my assignment despite written contract and when I called housing they refuse to provide explaination. Been screamed at for errors on their part e.g. housing, compliance errors. They deduct housing from your check but tell you they won't place you in a suitable apartment because "you can't afford it" when the leasing manager reported to me their credit "didn't fly" due to poor references from other complexs related "slow to pay". This only about half of the promblems I've had. Good luck, I hope it continues to be a good experience for you.

Considering the strong opinions people have on this post, why are there no reviews for Advantage RN in the review section. Please, let's utilize this site for all it is worth! It helps all of us.

I know this is an old thread, but I could not help but to comment. I have worked for Advantage RN for over four years. Been with lots of other companies too. But never had anyone treat me so well. My wife and I travel together and they consistently place us in high paying jobs. Never heard of anyone making more on an assignment. But many, many, who make much less. I have stayed with Advantage RN for four years for a reason. My recruiter is Brandon R. He is based in the NC office. They have Ohio, NC, and Florida offices. From Cape Cod to Alaska to NC, they have always found me the best assignments.

Facebook User

Mattress-
    I am glad for you. I had the opposite experience and it really was horrible. The upside was the money was excellent, but my grades for school suffered as a result. The facility was completely rigid so, I don't know what to believe. I'd probably go with them again, as my recruiter was excellent and always there for me. Housing was excellent and the person for that went the extra mile for me when I needed it. I have nothing really bad to say about Advantage RN except read your contracts and know what you are signing. That goes for anything. Good luck to all.

I know some of these posts are old, but I wanted to post about my experience anyway. I am new to this website and a newer travel nurse. In Dec, it will be 2 years since I started traveling. My first attempt was with an a awful company. The recruiters (I felt) talked down to me, the housing they put me in was in a unsafe part of town. (my vehicle was broken into twice and I don't drive anything special) Also my paychecks were always off.

I am on my second assignemwnt with Advnatage RN and haven't experienced any of the issues some have mentioned below. Maybe they have changed their ways? The recruiters have always been helpful, I loved the private housing they put me in. Pay is good and I have benefits. Not a lot to complain about when others around the country seem to be going through such a difficult time.
    anyway, that's just my experience.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Hi, MNNurse! Even if the posts are a bit old---any and all thoughts, comments, and complaints aare encouraged and appreciated.

'Cat'