Thread: Need recommendation!

Post Need recommendation!

Hi everyone,
    I am new here; I want to learn about nursing homes because I am going to place my mom & dad. Before which I want to know all facilities provided by the nursing homes. Can anyone tell me a right place where I can get right information about it?
    Thanks in advance!

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Need recommendation!

I would start by visiting the nursing homes in the area where you are going to place them. You can set up appointments with the DON for tours and you can also just make appearances at various times of the day to see what the residents are doing. Nursing homes can run the gammet (sp) some with lots of organized activities some with none, ask about staffing, meals, activities, who's in charge, do they need skilled care or just residential assistance and someone to check in on them? I think smell plays a big role when starting to look at nursing homes.

Re: Need recommendation!

Yes! Of course, there is a site called Nursing Home Centers - Learn About Nursing Homes, Assisted Living and Other Retirement Centers which provides all selective information related to nursing home. Hope this will help you out.
    Good luck!