Thread: Many Avenues For A Holistic Nurse

Many Avenues For A Holistic Nurse

Those of you who are interested in holistic nursing , now is the time to pursue your options. Alternative medicine (I still don't understand this term alternative], is coming into it's own. There are many avenues to discover, there are usually many workshops centering around holistic medicines, arome-
    therapy, Healing Touch, vibrational therapy, etc. I am now pursuing a degree as Doctor of Naturopathy. I will first get my degree in Bachelor of Natural Health, and then Doctor of Naturopathy for Healthcare Professional. The door is basically open to what I want to do and how I want to practice. I started about a year ago, with my sciatica and decided that the pain was not going to get the best of me, so I started practicing yoga. As I felt better, pain free, I made the conscious decision that I wanted to help others feel better and offer preventative treatments, or offer them avenues to find out where the "dis-ease" stemmed from. We are just coming into the mainstream thinking and understanding that the mind is very powerful, and from it all physical manifestations begin. Traditional medicine is fighting this tooth and nail, which is quite ironic as traditional medicine began from the most elemental, basic holistic modalities. But I get very excited to see where holistic medicine is headed and the amount of people who are looking for something more other than a pill, or surgery, etc. What natural medicine offers is so much more for the individual as a WHOLE. The MIND-BODY connection cannot be severed, unless it is ignored. If anyone needs more encouragement, or info please e-mail me. Glad always to help! rnstar43@yahoo.com
    Every decision you make stems from what you think you are, and represents the value that you put upon yourself.-ACIM

Re: Many Avenues For A Holistic Nurse

Interesting stuff, Thanks for the post. I too feel your passion for "alternative" medicine. Just 8 more months till I get my BSN, then I can look at options to get certified as a holistic nurse.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Many Avenues For A Holistic Nurse

My school had a 2 hour class dedicated to Alternative Therapies. Very interesting course, I tell ya.

I wonder how many of the 'old wives tales' are truly alternative/holistic in nature.

'Cat'