Thread: L&D Travel

L&D Travel

Looking to visit with those of you who have traveled in L&D...would like your take on what's been the best about traveling and the worst. I'm considering traveling in the next few months and would enjoy visiting with someone who has taken that step and felt it was a good one....
    Thanks!!

Re: L&D Travel

Cross Country Travel Corps......any experience good or bad?

Re: L&D Travel

After 14yrs staffing it, I took the leap last summer and started travelling. It's one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. It's easy to get into a learning rut, especially if you work in the same hospital with the same routines for years. You start thinking there's only one right way to do something. But travelling to new places reopens your eyes. There are different ways to accomplish the same goal, and none of them are necessarily the wrong way. Since I did a lot of agency work before, the transitions have been fairly easy. Just be prepared to "prove yourself" for the first week or two at each new place. Jump on any educational opportunities offered there, and try to make the most of each assignment. I love it because I hate to play politics, and can just say up front to leave me out of it. Then I walk away at the end of my 13 with new experiences and new friends.