I have recently found myself going home feeling increasingly frustrated, I am working as hard as I can, working up to 15 hours, with up to 8 pts and discharges of several and four hour added pts from nurses going home and getting to new admits, when I have not been able to do more than see the pts. It seems the hospital feels they have to take more pts in, even if that means were are unable to come near to adequately caring for the 8 to 10 we have already. Management is telling me they don't feel it is right to turn pts who need care away. I have been checking into Union which I think we don't have any in our state, and the State Board of Nursing Association. I really would like to find some answers even if it is for small improvments. I have talked with many other nurses and they all feel the same way I do at this time. We are training techs now, and hope they will be future nurses. I believe their are lots more nurses who have already stopped nursing altogether because it is getting so unsafe. I would like information or advice or encouragement.
I was told Florida had a Union for Nurses and now the pts just don't get to come to the hospital. Is this true. Help. Judyd [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] :confused: [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] :confused: [colorurple] [/color]