Thread: NCLEX

Anonymous

NCLEX

Okay here goes- I graduated nursing school in 2002 and have taken the darn NCLEX Exam 6 times and haven't passed as of yet. I work in a hospital where I love the people I work with but I'm so disappointed in myself. I have terrible anxiety and I have even taken Xanax to calm me down the last try and still did not pass. My time is running out! I love the nursing profession but I have until Jan. 2005 to take my exam and pass or else I dont know what I have to do. Can someone, anyone please help me!!!!!!! Anxious and Depressed

Anonymous

Re: NCLEX

Dear Anxious-
    Suggestions I have are to seek out a nursing educator who specializes in preparation/tutoring for NCLEX. Having individualized help can identify strengths and weakness specific to your needs. Contact a local university/college or check with the program you completed. You did not mention what preparation you have done to prepare. If it is strictly test anxiety then learning relaxation techniques, biofeedback, etc. may help. Good Luck and Be Confident!

Anonymous

Have you taken a prep. course? I'm a student now and it has been suggested to us by the senior class to take a prep course as it was extremely helpful for them. It may cost a fair amount of money, but in the end it's your job.
    Also it's very important to get your anxiety under control as the profession of nursing is difficult in itself. Study hard, take a prep course as well as a test taking class that most schools offer.

Good Luck!

I think you definitely need some professional guidance at this point.

I'd contact your school of nursing, ask for referrals for a tutor or testing center that will give you practice exams where they can observe you as you're taking test and evaluate your anxiety levels and test taking skills.

You can find a few resources at http://www.nursefriendly.com/nclex

And we've discussed NCLEX techniques previously in this forum at:
    http://nursinghumor.com/nurse_forum/...mp;Number=6271

Hope these help.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursingstudents.com