Thread: schooling advice needed

schooling advice needed

Hey there, my name is mike and i'd like to say hi to everyone out there. really happy i came across this forum on the web. I have a bachelors degree in a non-health field and i'm returning to school to be an RN. I've found many schools with programs for "2nd Degree BSN" so that a person with a BA can return to school for usually just 2 years and get a BSN. The thing is every program I have found requires a previous GPA of 3.0 My college GPA was a 2.998 because I was apparently not very mature my first two years and living on my own at the time was a bit of a distraction... I know...I take full responsibility for this.

I am a much harder working person now and I am just wondering if a traditional ADN is probably my best bet as far as schooling since 4 more years to get another bachelors degree is not an option for me right now. I'm already in plenty of debt from my first degree. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks!

Re: schooling advice needed

I would find a bachelor's program that would accept me. I graduated with my ADN and returned for my bachelors 30 years later! My college was very accepting of me, use your bachelors degree you have, your life experience and your current level of maturity as leverage. I found the stated GPA's were negotiable when I talked with the program director. Good Luck!:firedup:

Quote Originally Posted by bdeherr View Post
    I would find a bachelor's program that would accept me. I graduated with my ADN and returned for my bachelors 30 years later! My college was very accepting of me, use your bachelors degree you have, your life experience and your current level of maturity as leverage. I found the stated GPA's were negotiable when I talked with the program director. Good Luck!:firedup:
    I agree... someome out there just might accept 2.998 as 3.0.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

thanks for the support! hopefully some school will take me in...